ACC Meeting of the Minds Conference
April 6 @ 8:00 am - April 8 @ 5:00 pm
The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Meeting of the Minds conference is held each spring and is hosted by one of the 15 ACC member schools. The conference celebrates outstanding undergraduate research and provides an opportunity for sharing of ideas and collaboration. Typically, 5-10 student delegates are chosen by each ACC university through a refereeing process. At the event:
- Verbal presentations are grouped by broad subject matter categories. They involve 15 minutes of presentation followed by 5 minutes of discussion.
- Students presenting their research by poster typically “staff” their presentation and explain their research to other participants, both students and faculty.
- Plenary sessions involve both reflections on the importance of undergraduate research, highlights of research methodologies by distinguished faculty from the host university, and reflections on paths to graduate school and research careers.
- The conference begins with dinner on Friday and ends with lunch on Sunday.
- All expenses are paid by the ACCAC (the total budget is $85,000).
- Planning and hosting responsibilities are rotated among the universities
Go to http://acciac.org/undergraduate-research-symposium/ or http://www.bc.edu/offices/avp/2018mm.html to learn more.