Sustainability Seed Fund
“As a living laboratory for sustainability, Carolina is home to high performance infrastructure, buildings, business practices, research, and curriculum.”
— Chancellor Carol Folt
What is the Sustainability Seed Fund?
The Sustainability Seed Fund was launched in 2014 by UNC’s Sustainability Advisory Committee in order to give students, alumni, and others the opportunity to advance green initiatives across campus through direct donations. These catalytic funds will support innovative, high-impact projects that lack alternative funding options.
Projects in need of funding
- Composting infrastructure
- Move-In/Move-Out/Game Day recycling
- Student and employee orientation/training
- Reusable water bottle and mug programs
- Water bottle refill stations
- Reusable shopping bags
- Tar Heel Bikes bike-share program
Why should I give?
- To increase sustainability courses, trainings, and engagement across all disciplines.
- To help Carolina reduce its carbon footprint by supporting high performance buildings, alternative transportation programs, and green energy.
- To reduce waste campus-wide by investing in reusable water bottle and mug programs, recycling and composting initiatives, and food awareness programs in the dining halls.
- To continue Carolina’s progress in reducing potable water use through investments in reclaimed water, harvested rainwater, and water efficient equipment.
How can I give?
You can give now to the Sustainability Seed Fund by going to the Development Office website.
Financial gifts directly fund specific projects and may be leveraged through matching funds in order to support one of UNC’s larger sustainability initiatives.